ADSM-L

Re: How to change the paths of Database Locations - URGENT TSM down

2005-04-07 18:35:16
Subject: Re: How to change the paths of Database Locations - URGENT TSM down
From: Svetoslav Tolev <Bugs AT BULMAG DOT BG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:18:15 +0300
Hi,
First you must check is the storage avaliable.  think that you can't
access the storage.
But if you think that the path the the volumes are wrong you can edit the
file "dsmserv.dsk" where the paths are written.

Regards,
Svetoslav

"Selva, Naleen" <Naleen.Selva AT NZ.UNISYS DOT COM>
08.04.2005 00:31
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
How to change the paths of Database Locations - URGENT TSM down

Hi,
We have TSM server 5.2.2 on a solaris platform
All the database and logs are located on a EMC storage F.C

This morning, we could not start the dsmserv as it said

ANR7806W Unable to open file /dev/rdsk/emcpower13a.
ANR9999D blkdisk.c(1452): ThreadId<0> Explanation (open error), errno=5
(I/O e
error).
ANR7806W Unable to open file /dev/rdsk/emcpower14a.
ANR9999D blkdisk.c(1452): ThreadId<0> Explanation (open error), errno=5
(I/O e
error).
ANR0214W Database volume /dev/rdsk/emcpower13a is in the offline state -
VARY
 ON required.
ANR0214W Database volume /dev/rdsk/emcpower13d is in the offline state -
VARY
 ON required.
ANR0215W Recovery log volume /dev/rdsk/emcpower14a is in the offline
state - V
VARY ON required.

It seems that the paths are wrong, and I would like to know how to
change it.

PLEASE HELP as the server is DOWN currently.

Naleen Selva