ADSM-L

Re: ANR8447E .. Mount failed even though several drives in "idle" status **RESOLVED**

2005-04-07 07:22:54
Subject: Re: ANR8447E .. Mount failed even though several drives in "idle" status **RESOLVED**
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:22:33 -0400
*  *  PROBLEM FIXED    *  *

        1 tape drive was "online" however a control block in TSM is
"goofed up" and will not use it. From an availability stand point TSM
always thinks he has this one drive available so he never drives the
pre-empt logic...however because of the "goofed up" control block for this
drive TSM cant use the drive. The drive had a problem 4 days ago, but I
haven't had an error reported for it since. The only indication I could
get of a problem with the drive is the following after I attempted to make
the drive OFFLINE or ONLINE...

ANR8798W Drive DRIVE3 in library 3494LIB is busy; some transactions may
fail.

        Of course because TSM thinks it is busy I can not delete paths
and/or the drive ..........Sooooo tomorrow I'll bounce my tsm server to
clean up the "goofed up" control block and all should be well.

        Thanks for the help Rich!

David R. Nicholson

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
04/05/2005 07:39 AM