ADSM-L

Re: Changing copypools

2005-04-05 11:35:57
Subject: Re: Changing copypools
From: Becky Davidson <becky.davidson AT GBE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:34:53 -0500
Is there any reason why you can't drain to the next pool?  That makes
the most sense to me.  It will increase tape activity for awhile and if
you don't slot offsite it might make things screwy.  I suppose if you
didn't slot you could also do move data's from one copyopol to another.

Becky

>>> zforray AT VCU DOT EDU 04/05/05 10:22AM >>>
Am I correct that there is still (even in V5.3) no method to move all
data
from one copypool to another ?

I have a need to move all copypool data from a 3590 pool to an LTO2
pool !

IIRC, unless things have changed, the only choice I have is to
re-backup
the primary pool to the new copypool and then manually "delete volume
discarddata=yes" for the 300+ volumes in the old copypool !

Please tell me there is an alternative !