ADSM-L

Re: Backup/restore of links in LINUX

2005-04-02 05:33:08
Subject: Re: Backup/restore of links in LINUX
From: Braulio Junior <bjunior AT BJUNIOR.ETI DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 04:49:46 -0300
Try to put this option in your dsm.opt:

archsymlinkasfile       no

Braulio Junior
IT Manager
bjunior AT bjunior.eti DOT br
Linux User #208017 - Get Counted at http://counter.li.org/

Resisting temptation is easier when you think you'll probably get
another chance later on.

fred johanson wrote:

I've a user trying to restore a LINUX directory with links to itself (I
confess to not understanding what is going on, but here is a listing from
the directory:lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     6 2005-03-29 11:00 swapoff ->
swapon).

When he tries a restore from either the CLI or gui, swapoff is restored,
but not swapon.  I ran a select on the directory from BACKUPS, and it
appears that only the link is TSM.  I'm wondering if the file itself was
ever backed up by TSM or only the link.  The options file has only the
bare
minimum needed to get the client to run, with no options specified.

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator
University of Chicago
773-702-8464