ADSM-L

Re: Licensing again

2005-04-01 21:48:52
Subject: Re: Licensing again
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:48:39 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Joe Crnjanski
>If I have an Exchange server, and I'm backing up only exchange
>database,
>no file backup; do I need TDP license plus server license, or just TDP
>license.

Being that you cannot run TSM for Mail (Exchange) unless you install the
TSM client as well, I suspect you'll need to license both. Talk to your
Tivoli reseller; they should be able to tell you.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
Office 262.521.5627