ADSM-L

Re: How to schedule the backup?

2005-04-01 17:46:23
Subject: Re: How to schedule the backup?
From: William <weiduo.deng AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:46:14 -0500
Thanks Andy. Unfortunately I am still sitting on TSM 5.1/5.2.

The customer needs the backup for weekday not for weekend. But for
Monday I can only be allowed to start backup at 2:00am on Tuesday, so
does Friday, I do it on Saturday 2:00am.

Maybe there is a workaround, but haven't gotten a change to try it.

1. Create a regular incremental backup schedule on weekday start at 23:59

2. On the client, customize the "preschedulecmd" to let the schedule
to sleep 2 hours. It is on Unix Client, so just "sleep 7200"

I will let you guys know my test.