ADSM-L

Re: Large Linux clients

2005-04-01 13:45:43
Subject: Re: Large Linux clients
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:45:21 -0700
        Ya,
        Sorry, I have no answers for you, but you do have my sympathy.

        I've had to do that kind of detective work before. Some times it
is an oddly named file, a very very long-named file, or some times it's
a file that somehow got a very bizarre date, like "Apr 15  1904". In a
few cases it has also been hung NFS mounts somewhere in the path.

        I've had to drill down each of the subdir one after another just
like you did to figure it out, because there was no filename or other
hints in the schedule or error logs, just a generic failed message.

        Luckily I only have to do it about once or twice a year, but it
is time consuming.

 Ben