ADSM-L

Re: lost volume configuration in my 3583

2005-04-01 10:20:59
Subject: Re: lost volume configuration in my 3583
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:20:44 -0500
I've also found that after doing firmware on the library the "default" or
"Extended" label option gets reset. That's whether you get
6 or 8 characters of the barcode reported by the library. Check to make sure
that the library is configured for the correct option
for the TSM tapes. Otherwise TSM will think they are all new tapes (different
volume name) and try to use them as scratch. But the
internal label won't match so you're safe there.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??