ADSM-L

Re: Large Linux clients

2005-03-29 14:18:42
Subject: Re: Large Linux clients
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:16:59 -0500
Did a ulimit -s unlimited.

Dies the same way when trying to backup the /coyote/dsk3/ fs - Producer
Thread........

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
03/29/2005 01:53 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Large Linux clients

On Mar 29, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

> Here ya go. Pretty much no limits. I am open to suggestions on values
> change that might help !

I did recommend addressing the Stacksize to try to head off the
defect...

> FWIW, this is RH8 as a Beowulf cluster, so NO, I can not upgrade the
> OS.
>
> Also, while on the subject, I read the "requirements" on the 5.3.x
> client,
> that says it has only been tested on RH AS 3. Anyone try the V5.3
> client
> on RH8 ?
>
> [root@coyote root]# ulimit -a
> core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
> data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
> file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
> max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
> max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
> open files                    (-n) 1024
> pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
> stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
                                      ^^^^