ADSM-L

Re: All new tapes I/O errors SOLVED

2005-03-29 11:03:12
Subject: Re: All new tapes I/O errors SOLVED
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:02:40 -0500
Folks,

It appears that the script we normally use wasn't working on these batch of
tapes...

I used the following and was successful:

label libv  library_name search=bulk labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch
overwrite=yes

Everything worked fine!

Thanks for all of your help and your quick responses!!!!

DaveZ
UNIX Admin

                      William Rosette
                      <Bill_Rosette@PAP        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      AJOHNS.COM>              cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] All new
tapes I/O errors
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/29/2005 10:02
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I had trouble with some new ones and come to find out they were formatted
wrong from the company we received them from.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD

                      Jonathan Kaufman
                      <jkaufman@FOOTLOC        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      KER.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: All new tapes
I/O errors
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/29/2005 10:01
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

My experience with "new" tapes is that you have to label them first before
you can use them within tsm.

If you have a barcode reader and a library with bulk I/O slots (like I do)
the command would be:

label libv  library_name search=bulk labels=barcode checkin=scr

Which would label all the volumes in the bulk I/O slots using the barcode
reader to aquire their labels and check them in as scratch.

As usual, if this isn't quite your config you can get help within tsm by
using h label libv.

Jonathan Kaufman

Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
03/29/2005 08:32 AM