ADSM-L

Is there any method to get data on tape back if no restore TSM server

2005-03-27 21:28:23
Subject: Is there any method to get data on tape back if no restore TSM server
From: nghiatd <nghiatd2 AT FPT.COM DOT VN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:35:15 +0700
Hi all,

Our TSM server had problem with OS and didn't start.
The admin didn't backup TSM database so I can't implement to restore TSM
database following guiding in TSM Admin Guid
 I take its hard-disk to copy all TSM database, log and option file to other
hard-disk. I install OS and TSM to restore TSM server. I create new TSM server
then stop TSM server service to copy old TSM database, log and option file to
the same original directory. Then I start TSM service but it doesn't start.

I checked dsmserv.dsk file and see :

#dsk_comment#page_shadow_token: 1050309172704
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\LOG1.DSM
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\DB1.DSM
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\D6045665.DBV
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\LO245665.LOG
D:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\DB1.DSM
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\L9487157.LOG
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\L7567608.LOG

However I don't see physical file L9487157.LOG in the C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1.
Does anyone have idea to help me to solve it?

I know that it is impossible to take data on tape back if no restore TSM server.
But I hope that there is a method to get data on tape back if no restore TSM
server.

Pls help me to solve it,

Nghiatd,