ADSM-L

Re: 2 node names 1 server

2005-03-25 14:22:06
Subject: Re: 2 node names 1 server
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:21:21 +0100
On Friday 25 March 2005 18:27, Meadows, Andrew wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.
>
> I have 2 oracle Database instances on one AIX 4.3 (yes I know its old)
> server. This is DR Critical Data and all of our Dr critical data is
> colocated onsite and off. Since this data is colocated I can only have 1
> tape moint point at a time when I am backing this data up, (I believe I
> am correct here). I would like to make  separate nodes for the Oracle
> sessions - non TDP and back them up. I have been testing how to do this
> with the following command:
> dsmc -virtualnodename=aixoracle -pass=password q session
> Every time I try this I am logged into tsm but no q se is run. I am
> wanting to run an archive, but if I cant even do a q se I know I wont be
> able to do an archive. Any help you could give me on how to do this
> would be great. I will be scripting this out in ksh. The client level is
> 5.2.0.0 with a server level of 5.2.1.1.
Easy, create mutliple Servername stanzas in dsm.sys.
Like:

SErvername  default
   nodename       node1

SErvername  ora-server
   nodename       node2

In dsm.opt you can specify the default servername.

You can use dsmc -se=ora-server to select a servername in dsm.sys and it will
connect the nodename specified in dsm.sys.

Stef