ADSM-L

2 node names 1 server

2005-03-25 12:26:30
Subject: 2 node names 1 server
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:27:21 -0600
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I have 2 oracle Database instances on one AIX 4.3 (yes I know its old)
server. This is DR Critical Data and all of our Dr critical data is
colocated onsite and off. Since this data is colocated I can only have 1
tape moint point at a time when I am backing this data up, (I believe I
am correct here). I would like to make  separate nodes for the Oracle
sessions - non TDP and back them up. I have been testing how to do this
with the following command:
dsmc -virtualnodename=aixoracle -pass=password q session
Every time I try this I am logged into tsm but no q se is run. I am
wanting to run an archive, but if I cant even do a q se I know I wont be
able to do an archive. Any help you could give me on how to do this
would be great. I will be scripting this out in ksh. The client level is
5.2.0.0 with a server level of 5.2.1.1.

Thanks,
Andrew

immediately.