ADSM-L

ANR8963E - AGAIN

2005-03-24 07:59:18
Subject: ANR8963E - AGAIN
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:28:02 +0000
Hello All,

An engineer swapped a faulty drive, two days ago.

When I tried to use it :-

"ANR8963E Unable to find path to match the serial number defined for drive
TAPE1"

UPDATE DRIVE OVERLAND TAPE1 SERIAL=HUP5B012ZB   fixed it for approx. 6
hours,
during this time 3 or 4 tapes were loaded & used on TAPE1,  then it
reverted to above
error message.

Next I deleted the path and drive successfully .  Redefined  drive :-

DEFINE DRIVE OVERLAND TAPE1 WWN=50060B00001FDB1B SERIAL=AUTO ELEM=481

Q DRIVE  :-

Library Name     Drive Name       Device Type     On-Line
------------     ------------     -----------     -------------------
OVERLAND         TAPE0            LTO             Yes
OVERLAND         TAPE1            UNKNOWN         No
OVERLAND         TAPE2            LTO             Yes
OVERLAND         TAPE3            LTO             Yes

DEFINE PATH TSM1 TAPE1 SRCT=SERVER DESTTY=DRIVE LIBRAR=OVERLAND
DEV=mt2.0.0.4
produces error :-

ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive TAPE1.
ANS8001I Return code 15

Any help would be appreciated.

The engineer thinks it's a Windows issue, our Windows man thinks it a TSM
issue !

TSM Server 5.2.2.0 on Windows Server 2003

Tape drive is one of four  LTO-2s  in a NEO 4000 Library

Thanks

Bill