ADSM-L

Fw: postschedulecmd for clients

2005-03-23 10:38:54
Subject: Fw: postschedulecmd for clients
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:38:28 -0500
Hi!

I believe that we have checked all aspects of what you had mentioned and it
just isn't completing after it's scheduled backup.  I don't have a client
option set associated with this server, hmch1019.  Is there anything else I
should have within the original schedule?  Is there something I need to
define on the node definition?  Thanks again!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************
----- Forwarded by Joni Moyer/ISG/CORP/Highmark on 03/23/2005 10:36 AM
-----

             Thomas C
             Shenk/ISG/CORP/Hi
             ghmark                                                     To
                                       Joni
             03/23/2005 10:33          Moyer/ISG/CORP/Highmark@HighmarkNot
             AM                        es
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Fw: postschedulecmd for clients
                                       (Document link: Joni Moyer)

Joni,  I can confirm:

Not working means that the c:\ssbackup.bat does not run from the
postschedulecmd or preschedulecmd
* Also note that these commands do not appear to be recognized
interactively from the cmd line dsmc
The batch file does exist at that path and does execute correctly  (creates
the NTBackup of system state in the desired directory)
The correct opt file is being called
The scheduler has been restarted.
Is there a client options set associated with the node ( I believe they
mean server side and you said no)

Also this happens on Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003.

Let me know anything I need to test.  Thanks.

             Joni
             Moyer/ISG/CORP/Hi
             ghmark                                                     To
                                       Thomas C
             03/23/2005 10:05          Shenk/ISG/CORP/Highmark@HighmarkNot
             AM                        es
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Fw: postschedulecmd for clients

Hey!

I asked the user group about this issue and here was a response.  Have you
checked everything suggested in paragraph 2 and restarted the scheduler?  I
can definately say that there is not option set associated with this
server.  That's really all I could check from the server side.  Please let
me know.  Thanks!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************
----- Forwarded by Joni Moyer/ISG/CORP/Highmark on 03/23/2005 10:03 AM
-----

             "Andrew Raibeck"
             <storman AT US DOT IBM.C
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: postschedulecmd for clients

             03/23/2005 09:56
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

What does "is not working" mean? How do you know it is not working?

Have you done all the basic checks, such as verify that the client points
to the correct options file, the scheduler has been restarted, you've
verified that ssbackup.bat file actually works, etc.?

Is there a client option set associated with the node? If so, what are its
contents.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-03-23
07:35:07: