ADSM-L

Re: Move Media & DR

2005-03-22 14:19:42
Subject: Re: Move Media & DR
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:19:12 -0500
Okay.. I see that you are using move media command, not move drmedia.

Here's my finding.
Before move media volume Status=full, Access=READ/WRITE, State=Mountable
After move media(defult) Status=Full, Access=Read-Only, State=Mountable
After you bring back and checkin as private Status=FULL, Access=Read-Only,
State=Mountable

So based on this, I do not believe you need to do anything else.
If you change it to to offsite after you checkin, doing restore, TSM will
be complaining this tape is not found.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/22/2005
01:16:07 PM:

> Hi!
>
> I was just wondering, the access of the tape is read-only and not offsite
> when I run the move media command.  Do I then have to update the tape to
> offsite or can I just leave it as read-only?  This is an NDMP backup
tape,
> so it is being handled a little differently than my other tapes.  Thanks
> again!
>
> ********************************
> Joni Moyer
> Highmark
> Storage Systems
> Work:(717)302-6603
> Fax:(717)302-5974
> joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
>

>              "Sung Y Lee"
>              <sunglee AT US DOT IBM.C
>              OM>
>              Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>              Dist Stor
cc
>              Manager"
>              <[email protected]