ADSM-L

Re: NDMP TOC (was Re: TSM 5.3 new goody)

2005-03-22 12:03:34
Subject: Re: NDMP TOC (was Re: TSM 5.3 new goody)
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:03:08 -0700
        Hmm, I haven't seen a good rule-of-thumb for the TOC. Perhaps
others who are using it more can address this.

        In my limited testing, I sometimes get a TOC much larger than I
would expect on qtrees with the same approx number of files. Might it
depend on if there are ACLs for the NTFS qtrees? I'm not sure in NDMP if
that type of information is in the actual image file or in the TOC...

Ben