ADSM-L

Re: Question about volume ???

2005-03-18 06:50:08
Subject: Re: Question about volume ???
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:49:50 +0100
Robert Ouzen wrote:
Hi to all

I am upgrading my organization from DLT to LTO2 and finish the migration but I
still got in my old library 2 / 3 cartridges belongs to nowhere!!!

When doing query’s like:

Q libv scalar
               SCALAR          000054         Private                     Data
       4,101

               SCALAR          000129         Private                     Data
       4,216

         Q vol  000054

              ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found using this criteria.

        select * from volumes where volume_name='000054'

             ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.

I double check if maybe a DBackup or DBsnapshot is …. Not at all
What can I do for more investigation to see what on the 000054 cartridge and to
whom is belong ????

My TSM is  Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 4.2

Sometimes, a volume gets used for a dbbackup and the TSM server crashes during the backup. The volume is not entered into the volhist as a dbb vol (or dbs) but does have the private status. TSM will somehow mismanage these situations and leave the vol in this state forever.

T.I.A Regards

Robert Ouzen

E-mail:  rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams