ADSM-L

Re: Exchange question - for future reference

2005-03-17 18:14:55
Subject: Re: Exchange question - for future reference
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:14:43 -0500
Kyle,

It is 4 storage groups per server/5 databases per storage group.

> A question for Del: Will the TDP for Exchange ever have a striping
> feature like the TDP for SQL or is that a Microsoft limitation with
> Exchange -vs- SQL.

This is a current Microsoft API limitation. Interestingly, there is a
"placeholder" in the API that says how many "sections" you would like
to use... however... the documentation for that parameter shows:

   cSections
      Input parameter. The number of file sections the function
      should return. This parameter should always be 1.

I am hoping that means Microsoft will support multiple sections someday.
That have not told me they plan to support more than 1 yet.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/17/2005
06:01:38 PM: