ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.

2005-03-17 11:21:26
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:20:45 +0059
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 07:38:16AM -0500, Richard Sims wrote:

> blocks of 256 KiB minimum...". Could you provide a documentation or web
> site reference for that 5.3 change?

No, sorry. Just the info I received through the PMR. I made the suggestion
to include this in e.g. a README, and that suggestion was passed on.

> According to 2004 Technote 1167281, the block size for FILE and DISK
> devtypes has been a fixed size of 256 KB for some time.
>
> I'd like to see definitive information on this before committing my 5.3
> beliefs.

Hmmm. The only thing I know for certain is that the exact same setup that
works with 5.2 and below, doesn't work with 5.3 due to FILE volumes filling
up way too quickly. In the PMR I provided trace information, etc. etc.
Eventually the result was that this was working as designed, and that a
design change in TSM 5.3 caused the volumes to fill up to only 1,5% before
encountering end-of-volume. The description given in the PMR seems to fit
the symptoms quite well.

--
Jurjen Oskam