ADSM-L

Netware backup with foreign character file names

2005-03-15 14:19:46
Subject: Netware backup with foreign character file names
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:17:41 -0500
I have a Netware system (5.2.3.x client) that always complains about a
specific file.  The TSM server log shows the error as:

03/15/2005 00:00:37  ANE4005E (Session: 114454, Node: CSERV3.VCU.EDU)
Error processing
 'LUCKY:/PHYS/Pittman/Home/AGolub/BACKUPOLDWHITE/My Documents/???? _?
_????_ NO ? ?? ??  ? _????.doc':  file not found(SESSION: 114454)

The owner of the box sent me an email that says:

"I went to the location of the file that is a bother.  From the looks of
it, I believe the file is saved in another language, Russian.  I was able
to copy the name of the title "ИДЕИ ПО ПОВОДУ NO И ГРАНТА В ЦЕЛОМ" from MS
Word Properties into Google.  I dont have the slighest idea what is means.
 Do you think we need to get the user to rename the file to the English
language?"

My question is, what do I need to do to handle these kind of files ?