ADSM-L

Re: TSM scripts/macros

2005-03-15 12:44:22
Subject: Re: TSM scripts/macros
From: "Riley, Craig" <Riley.Craig AT TCHDEN DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:43:56 -0700
Here is how I do it.  The "select * from processes where process='Backup
Storage Pool' will check for running processes or a given name; If none
are found than "rc_notfound" will be true and the section backup: will
be run; other wise I delete a tmp admin scheduled called ckproc and
redefine it for 10 minutes in the future to run the same command .

You should be able to work through the logic here; unfortunately we are
very limited with the things we can do with TSM command schedules.

Hope this helps,

-Craig Riley
Children's Hospital in Denver.

<BEGIN TSM SCRIPT : BACKUP_DISKPOOL>

select * from processes where process='Backup Storage Pool'

 if(rc_notfound) goto backup

 del sched ckproc type=admin

 define sched ckproc cmd="run dskpool_bac" active=yes startd=today
startt=now+00:10

 exit

 backup:

 backup stg online_diskpool drpool maxproc=8 wait=yes

 backup stg emr_diskpool drpool maxproc=6 wait=yes

 backup stg fs_diskpool drpool maxproc=6 wait=yes

 select * from processes where process='Backup Storage Pool'

 if(rc_notfound) goto defsched

 defsched:

 del sched ckproc type=admin

 define sched ckproc cmd="run tapepool_bac" active=yes startd=today
startt=now+00:10

 exit

 /* END dskpool_bac /*

<END SCRIPT>

<BEGIN SCRIPT TAPEPOOL_BAC>

 select * from processes where process='Backup Storage Pool'

 if(rc_notfound) goto tapepools

 issue message I "Tape Pool backups are still running. Will check again
in 10 minutes"

 del sched ckproc type=admin

 define sched ckproc cmd="run tapepool_bac" active=yes startd=today
startt=now+00:10

 exit

 tapepools:

 issue message I "Starting backup of configured TAPEPOOLS"

 backup stg onlinepool drpool maxproc=3 wait=yes

 backup stg emr_onlinepool drpool  maxproc=3 wait=yes

 backup stg ex_onlinepool drpool  maxproc=3 wait=yes

 backup stg fs_onlinepool drpool  maxproc=3 wait=yes

 issue message I "Starting backup of TSM Database"

 backup db dev=ait3 type=full wait=yes

 /* executre prepare, bkup volhist, devconf*/

 issue message I "Running DR Plan prepare and backup of volhist and
devconfig"

 prepare planprefix=/tsm/dr/stage/KEYSTONE-PLAN wait=yes

 backup volhist filename=/tsm/dr/stage/volhist.out

 backup devconfig filename=/tsm/dr/devconfig.out

 /* send email to admins */

 issue message I "### END OF DAILIES ###"

 del sched ckproc type=admin

 def schedule ckproc cmd="run start_migration" active=yes startd=today
startt=now+00:02
          expi=today

 exit

 /* END STGPOOLBAC */