ADSM-L

Solaris server won't backup

2005-03-14 13:24:18
Subject: Solaris server won't backup
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:23:47 -0500
Hello All!

I am having issues with a solaris server:
     Node Name: FJSU000
                      Platform: SUN SOLARIS
               Client OS Level: 5.9
                Client Version: Version 5, Release 2, Level 2.0
            Policy Domain Name: SOLARIS
         Last Access Date/Time: 03/14/05 12:50:13

that is trying to backup to my TSM 5.2.2.5 server on AIX 5.2.  I do not see
any errors within the activity logs other than that it has missed it's
scheduled startup window.  On the client side, there are no error messages
either.  We have recycled the scheduler and then tried a dsmc i incremental
backup from the client command line, but it just sits there.  I query
sessions on the TSM server and it has a status of idlew which means it's
waiting for the client to communicate more info. to the TSM server.

Any suggestions on what I can check to see why the server isn't backup up?
Thank you in advance!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems