ADSM-L

Re: Event Retention Period

2005-03-09 03:56:44
Subject: Re: Event Retention Period
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:56:07 +0000
If you want to go back 20 days you need to restore database backup that is
10 days old
Then to go back 30 days you need another restore database backup that is
20 days old
If you haven't got database backups that go back that far, you can't do
it.

Norita binti Hassan <ita AT pos.com DOT my>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
09/03/2005 02:35
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>

ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
cc

Subject
Event Retention Period

Hi,

My current installation have set Event Record Retention Period for 10
days.
How can I get back all those event record for the past 20 or 30 days. Can
it
be done?
Thanks

NORITA BINTI HASAN
Senior Programmer
Enterprise Systems Services
Information Communication Tech.Div
6th Floor, Pos Malaysia Berhad
50670 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : 03 - 22756638

Pos Malaysia Berhad is Malaysia's national postal company
                 Visit us online at www.pos.com.my

NOTICE
This message may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If  you are  not the addressee  or authorised
to  receive this email, you must not use, copy,  disclose
or take any  action based  on this email. If you  have
received this  email in  error, please advise  the sender
immediately by  reply e-mail and delete  this message.
Pos Malaysia  Berhad takes  no responsibility  for  the
contents of this email.

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy Group.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this email (or
any attachments to it) is not an offer capable of acceptance or acceptance of
an offer and it does not form part of a binding contractual agreement.

Scottish Hydro-Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC, S+S and SSE Power
Distribution are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.