ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes Backups/Restores

2005-03-08 09:31:41
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes Backups/Restores
From: Marc L <Marc.R.Lowers AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:30:40 +0000
We have been using Tivoli and TXN logs restores for years now and have
found it incredibly stable and quick on restores.

We run monthly compact schedules to force full backups.  Transaction logs
are archived once a day.  As long as you have a big enough disk to deal
with the amount of TXN logs you shouldn't have too many problems there.
You can always run TXN archives on more than one occasion if you have
issues with disk space.

"Arun Sondhi" <asondhi AT RA.ROCKWELL DOT COM>
08-Mar-2005 14:23

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Lotus Notes Backups/Restores

Hi List,

We are Notes shop with over 10 TB of Notes Mail data. We have been using
NetWorker to backup the Notes databases, but have not been able to reap
the benefits of Point in Time restores. The recovery using Txn logs takes
a very unacceptably long time, to that we have resigned to doing Full
backups everyday and backing up and marking reusable Txn Logs daily.

My question to you is:

What is your experience of restoring notes databases and applying tx logs
using Tivoli?
If it is bad then are you using circular logging and doing full backups?

Your input would be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,

Arun Sondhi