ADSM-L

Re: Export TSM DB from AIX to WIN2003 Problem!!!!!

2005-03-08 08:46:02
Subject: Re: Export TSM DB from AIX to WIN2003 Problem!!!!!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:44:58 -0500
On Mar 7, 2005, at 5:32 PM, Jose Antonio Atala Olaechea wrote:

Hi TSMrs

I tried to export a tsm DB from aix  (tsm server 5.1.7.0) to
win2003(tsm
server 5.2.3.2) , the process failed and send me the following message:
ANR8216W Error sending data on socket 34.  Reason 32.

Why can`t export Archive and Backup files?
I dont know what is wrong!!
I appreciate to help me with any suggestions to solve this problem.

Jose -

That 8216 message stands out as the issue.
For convenience, I summarize that message in ADSM QuickFacts.
You have a "broken pipe" condition in communicating from one server to
another. The exporting server seems to be the victim here. I would look
in the receiving server's Activity Log for an indication of what
happened there at that time. It may be that the receiving server was
"choking" on all the data and broke the connection.

Export operations are prone to breakage, as seen in numerous past
postings. It is always best to subdivide the task into smaller pieces
such that a failure will only necessitate re-doing that piece, rather
than the whole thing.

  Richard Sims