ADSM-L

Re: Tapes with 7 numbers

2005-03-08 08:33:46
Subject: Re: Tapes with 7 numbers
From: Iain Barnetson <Iain.Barnetson AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:33:33 -0000
Our LTO 1 & 2 tape labels have 8 characters, ie: NN5131L1 or 000152L2.
When we still used out 3583 library TSM reported the full label, ie: all
8 characters. Now that we're using an ADIC 1sk TSM reports only the 1st
6 characters of the labels.
Originally I thought I'd set up TSM incorrectly but TSM UK Support told
me that it's the library that can or can't read the full barcode label
not a setting in TSM. Our tapes are auto-labelled in TSM from the
barcode.