ADSM-L

Re: Backup and Retention Period

2005-03-08 08:21:38
Subject: Re: Backup and Retention Period
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:21:22 -0700
Your question relates not just to active and expired versions, but also to
inactive versions that are not expired (depending on the number of
versions you keep).

For active backup versions:
- the STATE column is ACTIVE_VERSION
- the DEACTIVATE_DATE is null

For inactive (but not expired) versions:
- the STATE column is INACTIVE_VERSION
- the DEACTIVATE_DATE column is the timestamp when that version became
inactive

For expired versions:
- the STATE column is INACTIVE_VERSION
- the DEACTIVATE_DATE column is midnight of 1 January 1900 (1900-01-01
00:00:00.000000)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-03-07
05:53:19: