ADSM-L

Move Media

2005-03-07 16:36:34
Subject: Move Media
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:35:48 -0500
Hello All,

I have moved several tapes out of the library with the move media command
successfully.  A special thanks to all that helped!

My next challenge is how to get the tapes back within the library without
scratching them.

I believe that I need to issue the command:

 move media * stgpool=tape_ndmp wherestate=mountablenotinlib

     wherestatus=full,filling cmd="checkin libvol

     naslib &vol status=private" cmdfilename=/t01/move/media/checkin.vols

Which will create the output file: /t01/move/media/checkin.vols:

     MOVE MEDIA creates the executable commands in

     |checkin libvolume naslib N00044 status=private
|

     |checkin libvolume naslib N00045 status=private
|

     |checkin libvolume naslib N00046 status=private

Then run the checkin libvolume command by issuing macro
/t01/move/media/checkin.vols

If anyone has suggestions/opinions on this method of moving media back into
the library I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603