ADSM-L

Re: LTO Volume

2005-03-05 14:44:23
Subject: Re: LTO Volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:44:05 -0500
Akash -

I term this "Tape leak", as I summarize in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts . We had a good discussion of this about 6 months ago on ADSM-L. One member was pursuing it with IBM as a problem.

For administration at my site, I created a macro called "filling", which does the following:

SELECT STGPOOL_NAME AS " STORAGE POOL ", CHAR(VOLUME_NAME,6) AS "VOLNAME", PCT_UTILIZED as "PCT UTIL", DEC(EST_CAPACITY_MB,6) AS "MB_CAPACITY", CHAR(ACCESS,11) AS "ACCESS", LEFT(CHAR(LAST_WRITE_DATE),19) AS "LAST_WRITE_DATE " FROM VOLUMES WHERE STATUS='FILLING' ORDER BY STGPOOL_NAME

This is handy for monitoring tapes which are in Filling state, and also watching for tapes which become Readonly due to events occurring as they are filling.

  Richard Sims