ADSM-L

Oracle RMAN TDP scheduling for Solaris

2005-03-04 03:04:58
Subject: Oracle RMAN TDP scheduling for Solaris
From: Mark Tindall <mark.tindall AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:04:42 +0000
I am new to Tivoli and am having problems trying to get scheduling
working for the TDP side of things via the TSM scheduler. I have so
far found out that I need to have 3 stanzas in the dsm.sys file - 1
for normal backups, 1 for Oracle and 1 for the scheduler for Oracle -
and that I need to run a second dsmc process which then refers to the
severname set up in the dsm.sys file for the scheduler for Oracle.
When I schedule stuff to run it seems to acually execute the script
listed in the "Command" section, though this sems to error as it is
missing some environment varuables setup? I know I can backup the
databaes fine if I either run from the command line or I use the cron
facility.

Could someone explain how I should setup the scheduling via TSM so
that it works?