ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3.0.2 WEB GUI missing ...

2005-03-02 18:42:50
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3.0.2 WEB GUI missing ...
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:39:56 -0500
For most things, it issues SQL QUERIES !  Yes, that adds a small load to
the systems. But, it doesn't issue the monitoring/collection commands that
frequently!

IIRC, it also uses something like DSMADMC for some things.

If you are interested, go to their website and send them an email with
your questions and/or download the free trial.

Since we got it, we now live in it. All of the things like vault
management, etc, were being done by hand/scripts, etc. Now fully automated
with TSMManager !

No, I do not work for them. Just a happy customer and sometimes beta
tester !

Adrie van Tuyl <vantuyl AT XS4ALL DOT NL>
03/02/2005 02:18 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TSM 5.3.0.2 WEB GUI missing ...

At 17:05 3/2/2005, you wrote:
>Now that I have it fully running, I have to agree that this product is
>horrible and slow (even on the new dual-processor 3Ghz 2GB RAM system we
>bought just for it).
>
>I work with two other engineers who have been working with TSM for
>anything from 6-months to 9+ years.  Both (and myself) have spent
>countless hours just trying to figure out something as simple as giving
>another "user id" full administration authority in ISC. After trying more
>than a dozen different things, we gave up (thank goodness for TSMManager
>!).

What does TSMManager uses to communicate administrative commands to the
TSM
server?
Is it an API? I Looked through the TSM API which comes with the client,
but
this one is only for data transport, not for communicating administrative
commands with the TSM server.
Or are there any plans on releasing such an API?