ADSM-L

Re: Image Restore 5.30 Client Field Guide Questions

2005-03-01 15:26:54
Subject: Re: Image Restore 5.30 Client Field Guide Questions
From: Egon Blouder <egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:26:08 -0500
  Date:    Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:18:16 AM EST
  From:    Egon Blouder <egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET>
  To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi Andrew,

well I hope to get it sorted now (I should learn english :-) ):

I have a box (systemname: SERVER) with a local user called LCLUSRN configured
to autologon. There are some programs configured to startup automatically when
the user logs on and there are two services which run in the context of that
user.

After the image restore of the box the system starts up the first time. In
order to restore CatRoot and systemobject autologon is disabled (press SHIFT).
I logon as local Admin and run TSM to restore CatRoot and Systemobject.
At that point there's only one Profile "Documents and Settings\LCLUSRN".
After restore operations autologon is configured for User LCLUSRN and the
system is booted second time. I don't interrupt autologon as the system should
go into operation now.
The user LCLUSRN logs on however applications don't start up.

Looking into Documents and Settings I have two profiles for User LCLUSRN,
meaning
LCLUSRN and
LCLUSRN.SERVER

During that last startup the system has choosen the profile LCLUSRN.SERVER but
not profile LCLUSRN. That means there aren't any programs to startup as the
profile LCLUSRN.SERVER is copied off the Default User profile.

Hopefully I could spell out my problems more clearly by now?

Regards,

Egonle

<snip>

dfdrsfdsffdsfsdfsdfds354344r23423
fsdfsdfdsfsdfsdf bdf dfdfsdr3434 4r
 ere434 ar 345r34 5354 aw r345345 34534
34 3434 a34ws434343 4ws3434errsevsfs3
3 4343 4s43e4s434534trtu79879798797i
uizuiuz
zuizuizuiuzzizmzmmjmzzzkcd6r6r56 566tfthhjhjktet
ertretrt

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.