ADSM-L

Re: WinPE Image backup problem

2005-02-25 13:19:54
Subject: Re: WinPE Image backup problem
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:19:25 -0800
Well I tried using the offline and online method with Windows 2000.  I get
"can't lock volume" for the backup with offline.  I also get "can't lock
volume" for the offline restore after a good backup.  Is that what you got Luc?

Kyle

TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM> wrote:
Luc, I will try the online image but the thing I wanted to do was create an
offline image of a Win2K3 server.

Oh great one! (Andy R.), can you find out if the doc is wrong in the fact that
you can't use it to create an offline backup via WinPE. If you can't then you
can't I just want to know if I should do more research to try and get this to
work.

Kyle

Luc Beaudoin wrote:
Hi,
I have a all opened with IBM for an issue with WINPE.

But my problem is not the backup image part .. it's the restore image...

For the backup they told me to use the ONLINE image backup procedure in
the document.

Just follow thew procedure for the ONLINE BACKUP and it should work ....
Let me know if you are able to make the RESTORE IMAGE works ..

If U have any questions , call me or e-mail me ....

Luc Beaudoin
Network Administrator/TSM/SAN
Hopital General Juif S.M.B.D.
Tel: (514) 340-8222 ext:8254