ADSM-L

Re: Drive tapes

2005-02-24 21:06:19
Subject: Re: Drive tapes
From: Bob Booth - CITES <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:06:09 -0600
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 08:48:33AM +0800, Hashim, Shukrie BSP-ISM/116 wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
> can someone tell me how can the PATH of my drives be NO on some of my drives
> sometimes when I do 'q path' ? and then .. I am getting ... alot of 'DEVICE
> DEGRADATION' error from the system.
>
> Sequence Number : 200759
> Host            : ####
> Drive           : #####
> Model           : E1A
> Microcode       : 226E
> Message Type    : SIM
> Message Code    : Device Degraded
> Severity        : 2 -- Serious
> First FSC       : 3802
> Last FSC        : 3802

The unit was not able to adjust the vacuum on the last cleaning cycle, as
a result, the 3590 will slow to keep the tape from possibly slopping in the
guides.  The CE may be able to make a simple adjustment in the rear of the drive
or if it is way off, the motor will need to be replaced.

You will get this message everytime the drive is cleaned.

bob