ADSM-L

Re: Generate backupset with more than one node on one volume?

2005-02-24 16:02:27
Subject: Re: Generate backupset with more than one node on one volume?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:02:18 -0500
Depends on what you mean by "not dependent on the TSM data base".

If you mean "usable without a TSM server", then BACKUPSET is the only thing
that will work.

If you mean "not requiring the ORIGINAL TSM data base", you can use EXPORT.

If you EXPORT the data to sequential media. you can IMPORT it into any TSM
server that can read the media, even on another platform.  It can be an EMPTY
TSM data base.

The only conditions would be
(1) the target data base you are IMPORTING into must be large enough to hold
the meta data,
(2) the targe TSM server must have enough media space in its own storage pools
to contain the imported data,
(3) the target TSM server must be the same release or HIGHER than the source
TSM server.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)