ADSM-L

Re: Fw: by-hand reclamation question...

2005-02-24 14:47:12
Subject: Re: Fw: by-hand reclamation question...
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:47:01 -0500
==> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:31:05 -0500, Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
said:

> My assumption here is that all the tapes are in the same storage pool.
> Because normally reclamation threshold value of the storage pool is used to
> kick off reclamation.. would it be possible to run select statement to
> generate the list of tapes in that pool with pct reclaim value.

> For example

> select volume_name,stgpool_name,access,pct_reclaim, from volumes where
> stgpool_name='MYSTORAGENAME' order by pct_reclaim desc

The point is: if I locate volume V00035 as reclaimable, there are also two
other volumes that I need: There's a last aggreate on V00035 that is only half
on this volume, the other half is on V00036 (or something).  And the same
thing happened at the beginning: V00034 has the first half of the first
aggregate on V00035.  This means that for any single volume to be reclaimed, I
need as many as three volumes.

I bet Bill's right, though.  Piffle.

- Allen S. Rout