ADSM-L

Re: SV: Trace Facility Guide?? version 5.2/5.3

2005-02-23 22:57:00
Subject: Re: SV: Trace Facility Guide?? version 5.2/5.3
From: Cameron Ambrose <cameron_ambrose AT ENTERPRISESERVICES.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:58:23 +1100
Hi Flemming

      I just tried this today on a netware 6 server with the 5.3.0 Client.
It seemed to work. It certainly created a trace dump file. I haven't tried
all the nuances yet. Here' s the entries in the dsm.opt file

      tracefile sys:\tivoli\trace.out
      traceflags service,-session,-sessverb
      tracemax 100

      Tracemax limits the trace log size to 100 meg and logs data in a
circular fashion.

Regards Cameron

                      "Hougaard.Flemmi

                      ng FHG"                  To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      <FHG AT KMD DOT DK>             cc:

                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: SV: Trace Facility
Guide?? version 5.2/5.3
                      Dist Stor

                      Manager"

                      <[email protected]

                      T.EDU>

                      24/02/2005 09:47

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to "ADSM: Dist

                      Stor Manager"

Hi Andy

Thanks for the answer... a few "dumb" quitions ;o)

 -  you say traceflags haven't been replaced? But I heard that after client
5.1.5 was released TRACEFLAGS wont work anymore?
 - and furthermore... if I use TRACEFLAGS in my DSM.OPT on my NetWare
servers - they refuse to start, stating that TRACEFLAGS is an invalid
option (Client version 5.2.2.3).

Best regards
Flemming