ADSM-L

Re: Move HSM node

2005-02-23 17:46:18
Subject: Re: Move HSM node
From: Michael Prix <michael.prix AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:45:45 +0100
On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 16:00 -0500, Richard Sims wrote:

> If node_a and/or node_b already have other filespaces, you could
> consider
> employing -VIRTUALNodename for restorals of previously backed up data.

So, as this will be the situation:
  a) create a filesystem
  b) start HSM on that filesystem
  c) do a restore of the stubfiles for this filesystem with
     -virtualnode=node_a

After that I should be able to access all all files, which have been
migrated on node_a, in the mounted HSM-filesystem on node_b, right?

Sounds like "dsmmigfs import", but without HACMP.

What makes me afraid is the connection of nodename and filespace/file,
as there is a connection in the ADSM SQL-Table SPACEMGFILES.
  I surely will get in devil's kitchen if the TSM-Server starts to
duplicate the files as this will block at least 2 drives in the library
for days, not to mention the needed tapes.

--
Michael Prix