ADSM-L

Re: Creating a second options file

2005-02-23 06:51:34
Subject: Re: Creating a second options file
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:50:59 -0000
It sounds like you may be slightly misunderstanding the
policy-domain-management class structure to policy domains in TSM. You
can use 2 management classes and one include/exclude list with 'include
(filespec) (classname)' statements to achieve what you describe.

To do what you need, I would;

Have a single policy domain, for simplicity I'll call it DOMAIN1 with
active policy set POLICY

Define 2 management classes

DOMAIN1 POLICY 30days
DOMAIN1 POLICY 5days

Set the copygroup retentions as you require for 30 and 5 day retention.

Register the node to the DOMAIN1 domain.

Edit the include/Exclude list for the node, the following lines are a
bare minimum to get the behaviour you describe (I am assuming you are
using UNIX)

Include /.../*          30days
Include /*                      30days
Include /.../*.fle      5days
Include /*.fle          5days

This will include all the .fle files in the 5days management class, and
other files in the 30day management class. Remember in general the
include list is scanned from bottom to top when finding a match. Certain
statements (like include.dir etc..) are processed before the list is
scanned.

Matthew.