ADSM-L

Re: Expiration Fails

2005-02-22 09:16:46
Subject: Re: Expiration Fails
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:16:13 -0500
Given that you're running a "museum" level of the product, you can't
contact IBM for help on this. I would begin by studying the Activity
Log around the time the problem started to get perspective on what
caused it - particularly if there was a server crash, and possibly the
loss of a db mirror. You're still not telling us the full level of your
server: there is a 3.1.2.90 level you might apply, if not already
there, which may mitigate future problems within ADSM 3.1, but I would
not expect it to correct the current, unless Activity Log research
suggests otherwise. Whereas this problem is occurring in Expiration as
well as Migration, it's unlikely that there's a simple external cause,
such as a corrupted device driver.

Beyond that, you're stuck with either performing an AUDITDB and hope
for the best, or restore to before the problem. Either way, be sure to
have a full db backup before you shut down.

   Richard Sims