ADSM-L

Finding troubled tape

2005-02-21 14:57:45
Subject: Finding troubled tape
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:57:25 -0500
Good Afternoon.
I have an off-site tape that is having problems with reclamation.
The error coming out is
Space reclamation started for volume 0FA0CC, storage pool COPYPOOL (process
number 10).
ANR1167E Space reclamation for offsite volume(s) cannot copy damaged file in
storage pool TAPEPOOL: Node AFSBUTA, Type Backup, File space /1080347506, File
name / catia.deptl20.denver.
ANR0985I Process 10 for SPACE RECLAMATION running in the BACKGROUND completed
with completion state FAILURE at 14:24:41.
ANR1163W Offsite volume 0FA0CC still contains files which could not be moved
How can I tell what off-site tape to bring back?  I see what file space
/1080347506 it's having problem with.

The machine having the problem is TSM Running TSM 4.1.1(machine is retiring
soon) on AIX 4.3

Have a Great Day,
Eric Jones
> *  eric.j.jones AT lmco DOT com