ADSM-L

Re: TSMManager

2005-02-18 13:01:26
Subject: Re: TSMManager
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:59:58 -0500
Yep, do it all the time.

Go to their website and download the AGENT. You install this on Windows
boxes and use the option to SHOW CLIENT LOGS. This will make the
"interactive" connection.

It also lets you do things like stop/start the scheduler service.

IMHO, a great tool, especially when the clients are in lots of different
offsite locations/buildings.

If you don't have the AGENT installed, you can also use the FTP feature to
attempt to get the logs from *NIX  clients. I haven't tried this feature
since we usually turn FTP off on *NIX servers, by default.  We usually
only allow SFTP and/or use Secure Shell.

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
02/18/2005 11:15 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TSMManager

Hello,

I have question is it possible to connect to a clients node
and view the sched.log, error.log and dsm.opt file using TSMManager?
if so is it limited to certain platforms? Also are there functions for
registering a client and restoring files?

Thanks for any responses in advance!