ADSM-L

Re: Novell client 5.3 install

2005-02-16 12:00:36
Subject: Re: Novell client 5.3 install
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:56:46 -0500
Hi Timothy,

I just installed TSM Novell Client 5.3 on a new Hardware and software
(Netware 6.5 sp2) client on 02/12/05, and has been running as of today with
no problems even using the old dsm.opt file which was restored using 5.3.

A queer thing was when doing the restore it required new Java for my
desktop which was OK and ran fine.  When I came in Monday to bring up TSM
server my Java had to be removed to get the old (5.1.1.0) server to see the
command line.

Another weirdo was during installation, we log onto the NetWare client dsmc
using "q se", "q tsa" and "q tsa nds".  Well I trying to be ahead of the
game tried "q tsa ss"  (Netware admin mistakenly said tsass instead of
tsafs) and this brought down the Netware server.  Netware not very forgiven
in our atmosphere.  Anyways "q tsa fs" is not right also.  "q tsa nds"
still works.

Currently running with no problems.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD

                      Timothy Hughes
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      TATE.NJ.US>                  cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist         Subject:  Novell client 5.3
install
                      Stor Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                      02/16/2005 10:51 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hello,

I am planning on installing Novell Client 5.3 on a new
Netware 6.5 SP2 server next week. Is anyone using this
client? If so, have you experienced any problems that I should
watch for?

Thanks in Advance!

TSM server level 5.3
AIX 5.2
 client level (none as of yet this will be a fresh install)