ADSM-L

Re: LTO2 corrupted index question

2005-02-15 10:20:56
Subject: Re: LTO2 corrupted index question
From: Bill Kelly <kellywh AT AUBURN DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:20:33 -0600
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Jurjen Oskam wrote:

> Indeed the symptoms seem to suggest that you have the exact same problem
> as we have. Do the TapeAlerts mostly occur on the drive that acts as the
> control port?

As a matter of fact, yes; I was going to report that they *always* show up
on that drive, but I found a couple of exceptions to that; I'd say over
90% of the time it's the drive acting as the control port.

> > I will contact IBM to see about these firmware upgrades you've been
> > testing; perhaps they're close to making the upgrade generally available.
>
> Please also mention hardware call number B1S5C48 (issued by IBM in The
> Netherlands), as I was repeatedly told that we're the only one with this
> problem. (I think the problem is relatively serious - I don't like being
> told that "my data is at risk" by my backup system)

I've forwarded that info to our IBM hardware representative.  Thanks!

Regards,
Bill

Bill Kelly
Auburn University OIT