ADSM-L

Retrieve with 5.3 server of data backed up on 5.2.3

2005-02-15 09:54:28
Subject: Retrieve with 5.3 server of data backed up on 5.2.3
From: Maria Ilieva <M.Ilieva AT MOBILTEL DOT BG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:55:32 +0200
Hi all,

has anyone tried to retrieve files with TSM 5.3, that are backed up with
previous TSM server version?

I have a problem with files bigger than 5 GB. Every retrieve attempt
fails with:

ANR1165E Error detected for file in storage pool XXX: Node YYY, Type
Archive, File space zzz, fsId 6, File name \retrieve.file. (SESSION: 41)

ANR0548W Retrieve or restore failed for session 41 for node YYY (WinNT)
processing file space zzz 6 for file \retrieve.file stored as Archive -
data integrity error detected. (SESSION: 41)

ANE4035W (Session: 41, Node: YYY)  Error processing 'zzz\retrieve.file':
file currently unavailable on server.(SESSION: 41)

The environment is TSM 5.3 server on AIX 5.2
Retrieves were tried with HP-UX 5.2.3 and Windows 2000 and XP 5.2.3
clients

Till now I retried the retrieve (this time tried to get the file from
copy pool volume), move data for the problem tape, restore volume .....
with no success.

Is this a 5.3 problem?
Any ideas how to get the data?

I opened a call with IBM, but till now I have no answer from them.

I will appreciate any help!

Maria Ilieva