ADSM-L

Moving Node Data Between Storage Pools

2005-02-14 11:06:37
Subject: Moving Node Data Between Storage Pools
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:06:02 -0600
We have a windows client domain that writes to its own tape pool for about 200+
Windows clients (Collocation On Primary Tape Pool / Off on Copy Pool).  We
would like to split the clients out in to additional domains for restore
purposes.

The question I have is how do move the data of client A in Domain A to a new
Domain with a new tape pool.

Move Data moves backup data at volume level not client specific.
Export / Import Node is only for server to server...
Upd node to new domain and hope TSM will Magically migrate data?
Upd node to new domain and hope TSM will know to restore previous data from old
tape pool etc?
Make New Domain's backup Copy Pool Absolute to force a full? Then let old data
drop off?

Appreciate any input.

Regards,

Charles