ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database backup volume deletion

2005-02-14 07:19:10
Subject: Re: TSM Database backup volume deletion
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:18:31 -0500
On Feb 14, 2005, at 6:54 AM, Akash Jain wrote:

ANR8816E LABEL LIBVOLUME: Volume BT0085 in library AUTOLIB cannot be
labelled
because it is currently defined in a storage pool or in the volume
history
file.
ANS8001I Return code 12.

Even after typing the mentioned command, I ma unable to reuse the
volume.

However the vol hist command has been run successfully.

Entering the command is one thing, but successful conclusion is
another. Check your TSM Activity Log. And if that was your only
dbbackup, then it will not be releaseable, because TSM wants to have a
minimum of one backup around. My suggestion would be to institute a
daily, full db backup, and an administrative schedule which releases
old volumes after something like 5 days, or whatever meets your
disaster recovery needs.

   Richard Sims