ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 10 support

2005-02-07 19:45:30
Subject: Re: Solaris 10 support
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:45:11 -0700
SPARC support for Solaris 10 is not being ignored. While the OS code
itself may be available, it is not quite as simple as that; we have to
work it into our own plans along with other work we are planning; and in
the case of the TSM server, since it is pretty intimate with tape, we
still need good HBA support (which, to the best of my knowledge, is not
written by Solaris, but other vendors) to be made available.

I cannot provide exact dates, but we would hope that support would be
available by some time 3rd quarter of 2005 (if not sooner). If you need
more specific dates or a firm commitment, then you should contact your
IBM/Tivoli sales or account rep.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-02-07
15:55:47: