ADSM-L

Move nodedata question

2005-02-06 20:03:35
Subject: Move nodedata question
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:03:52 -0600
Hello Everyone,
I am in the process of changing the management class structure in TSM. I
have some servers with archive data that we need to keep. I need to
bounce my thoughts on this off anyone who has had experience with this
to make sure I am thinking correctly here.
Scenario:
I am moving server A to a new Policy Domain which points to a new
storage. Server A has backup and Archive data under the old domain. When
I issue an incremental backup the backup data will be rebound but not
moved. I manually move all the node data for Server A to the new Storage
Pool (move nodedata .....). If I keep the old Domain and do not delete
it will the Archive data hold the old management class and just be on
the new storage?

I am thinking it will but again I want to make sure here....
Any help you can give on this would be great.

Thanks,
Andrew

immediately.

Thank you.